So I just trickled back into the blog game a month ago – meaning I didn’t know what the Liebster Award was until last week! Turns out it’s an awesome way to promote your favorite blogs and branch out in the blog community.
My nominator – Doses of Design – introduced me to this awesome award. Thanks, Ms. Natalie!
So here’s how it works:
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. Nominees link back to the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which were given by nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers you like.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. Let them know they’ve been nominated.
So here is my Q&A!
1. Why did you begin blogging?
2. Favorite piece of decor in your home?
3. Favorite recipe?
4. What inspires you?
5. Favorite fashion blog?
6. Favorite home decor blog?
7. Favorite thing to share with your readers?
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
9. Dream job?
10. Favorite piece of clothing?
Here’s my take
1. To share things that I love.
2. A statue of an elephant from New Delhi, India.
3. Baked mac ‘n’ cheese with panko bread crumbs on top. Three types of cheese – I have finally perfected this 🙂
4. Random experiences and sights I come across every day.
5. Recently, Man Repeller.
6. Doses of Design!
7. I love sharing photos – you can always catch me Instagramming or showing friends my Instagrams.
8. UK or Paris, for sure – think that’s the EU citizen in me speaking.
9. I love my current job, but I would love to write about fashion, beauty, fitness and other lifestyle topics.
10. My black robed peacoat from Tobi.
Questions for nominees to follow – it’s been a long day. Loving being back in the blog world!
Since I moved to DC, I have found myself at brunch almost every single Saturday and Sunday – and I’m not hating it one bit.
Honestly, I didn’t think it was possible to beat New York in the brunch competition – but DC has come on strong. The District is King when it comes to a variety of venues offering bottomless barrels of mimosas and bloody marys alongside delicious breakfast plates.
I love new dining experiences – and my Instagram definitely reflects that. Take a look at two of my brunch shots below.
I know it’s Monday, but the weekend will be here before we know it!
After a long day of work, all I really want to do is relax. And you know what makes me relax? – lots and lots and lots of pillows and comfy throws.
Here are a few of my recent favorite accent pillows I’ve stumbled upon on Pinterest recently … and yes, they are extremely random and do not match each other whatsoever, but are all adorable in their own way.
You may have gotten the hint that I am a coffee lover. Well, appropriately enough, this week marked a very significant stepping stone into the holiday season. Starbucks unveiled its legendary, annual RED CUP.
Who would’ve thought a little red cup would symbolize so much – Starbuck’s creme brulee and gingerbread lattes, sweater weather and drum roll please – start of the holiday season!
So, I suggest starting your morning tomorrow with a little red cup. This may be premature, but tis the season!
Last night a group of nine of us headed over to Founding Farmers to celebrate my friend Lyndsay’s birthday. First of all, there’s nothing better than celebrating a birthday over delicious plates and delectable wine – in my opinion!
I’ve always heard amazing reviews on the place and I was excited to try it myself! Between our group, we probably ordered 15 separate plates – they were all mouthwatering. My friend Ali and I split the Lemon Meunière Diver Scallops – paired with butternut squash risotto and a lemon brown butter sauce – and Lobster Mac ‘n’ Cheese. Both were INCREDIBLE.
Other top rates:
Oven-roasted crack black pepper wings
Fried green tomatos
Southern pan-fried chicken and waffles
Crab cakes with grainy mustard sauce and your choice of two sides
Bonus: there’s not just one, but twolocations in the DMV! Pennsylvania Ave. in NW and Potomac, Md. GO IMMEDIATELY – i’m not kidding. Your tastebuds will thank you.