Istanbul. Istanbul. Istanbul. What can I say about this city? The first thing that comes to mind is the following confession: I am currently going through Turkish withdrawal – it’s been a struggle.
It’s been a month since I was in Istanbul and I can genuinely say I wish I were gazing at the beautiful architecture of the Sultan Ahmed Mosque from the rooftop of my hotel, cocktail in hand with a bag of Turkish delights, RIGHT NOW.
Beautiful sights? Check. Delicious food and drinks? Check. Amazing, hospitable people? Check, check, check. This city has it all. Take a look at some of my photos … you’ll want to pack your suitcase and jet set, too!
Beautiful by day…. and beautiful by night.
Some details you might want to unravel before you head to Turkey:
- Be sure to obtain a VISA online prior to arriving. You’ll need this in addition to your passport. It’s just $20 and lasts 90 days. You’ll save a lot of time at the airport by purchasing this ahead of time!
- Istanbul is EXTREMELY inexpensive. My travel buddy and I went to a nice dinner at a four star restaurant (equipped with a bottle of wine of course!), hit several cocktail lounges, bought several knick-knacks and consumed way too much baklava, Turkish delights and other sweets. In two days we had EACH only spent 149 Turkish Lira (TRY) – the equivalent of $70…. Yes, THAT cheap.
- Half of the people we encountered knew English, while half only knew Turkish. No biggie – you get around it. That’s the fun in going to a foreign country!
- There are stray dogs and cats everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE.
- Now, time for more photos 🙂
This city is such a gem – I will be returning in the near future. That’s a promise.
What’s your favorite international city to travel to? Stay tuned for more travel pics – coming soon! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Jet set: Istanbul”
OBSESSED! Awesome post, love!!! And loved following along on your instagram while you were away 🙂 Hope you’re feeling better!
Thanks, Nat! I miss Istanbul so much! Let’s go together one day 🙂